Wednesday 4 October 2017

NOTD: Life's Grimm, by China Glaze...

Last time I showed you my favourite polish from the Halloween 2017 Happily Never After collection by China Glaze, but now I want to show you what seems to be their favourite Halloween polish recipe - green microglitter, in a murky base.

Life's Grimm is the forth time that China Glaze have turned to this combination for one of their Halloween ranges, so I thought  it'd be good to get a comparison to the previous polishes in to today's review.

So is Life's Grimm a good polish, and is it a dupe to anything else?

Life's Grimm has a charcoal base, that is filled with what China Glaze describe as emerald, but I'd say is a mix of pine green and gold microglitter. 

I have every other green microglitter shade from China Glaze's past Halloween collections, and Life's Grimm is different enough from them all to justify the purchase - I've found that it is similar to Cast A Spell in particular [Halloween 2012 - Wicked], so check out the below bottle shots before deciding if you 'need' to bother buying this shade.

I know that I'm repeating myself a lot, but I've just been having loads of good luck with China Glaze's formulations on this collection; Life's Grimm is another fantastic one coater if you apply a thicker coat, though I do always recommend at least two thinner coats of any polish for a better wear time (I'm wearing two in my photos). However it's nice to know that if you don't have a lot of time to spend on your mani, that this is a good time-saving option. 


The formula is neither too thick or too thin, has great pigmentation, it is smooth, even and non-streaky to apply, it dries quickly, and I've not experienced any staining, bleeding, or shrinkage [I always wear a basecoat].


No comments:

Post a Comment