Tuesday 7 February 2017

NOTD: Gluteus Equine over Absence, both by Pretty Serious...


Pretty Serious is a cruelty free and vegan indie Australian brand that ships world-wide, and is very reasonably priced. I've only been buying from Pretty Serious for a little over a year, but they have already become my favourite brand. I have around 60 polishes by them now, and I can honestly say that every single one I've worn so far has had a great streak-free formula. 

I'm sorry that my posts have been slow and not as in depth of late, but  life has been pretty crappy lately, and I just haven't felt like faking excitement for none-vital things. Anyway; today I want to ease back into my usual routine and get back to blogging, by shining the spotlight on two of my most-worn polishes from the brand.

Yep; my nails look pretty bad at the minute, as I nibble on them when stressed and/or upset.
And yeah - I  now see the chip, that I didn't notice when I took the photos.

Gluteus Equine is in the 'Post Apocalyptic Princess' collection and is a topper that contains a mix of rainbow opal flakes, iridescent blue glass fleck, micro holo, and holographic diamonds. A one-coat galaxy nail design in a bottle, that is amazing over any darker creme base, but is especially stunning over black or dark blue. This topper applies evenly & smoothly, and is quick to dry too. I was really delighted to find that this topper adds about two days to the life of my manicure.

I picked this polish for the flakie and glass-fleck mix so I don't have any complaints with it, however if you want this for the diamond shaped glitter you might not be so happy. The diamond shaped particles are scattered lightly in the mix, and are bigger & heavier then everything else, so getting the brush to pick up the pieces is a bit hit and miss.

For the base I'm using Absence; a plain black creme polish that is a true one-coater. Yep; a rich and true-black colour, with a smooth and even finish, all in one coat. Absence's formula isn't overly thick, despite being designed as a one-coat polish, and it dries very quickly. I've worn this shade quite a few times and haven't had any staining issues. 


Buy Gluteus Equine here and Absence here for $9.99 Aus [about £6.13] each.

International postage is $35 Aus [about £18.30] or is free when you spend $100 Aus [about £60], so I build up my wishlist and make a few big orders a year. 

For my last order; once I received my dispatch email it took five days for the parcel to travel from Australia, to my front door in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment