Friday 15 July 2016

NOTD: What I Like About Blue by China Glaze...

Blue is one of my favourite colours to wear on my nails, so it is no surprise. that I've gotten my mitts on What I Like About Blue from the China Glaze summer 2016 collection.

I know that the Lite Brites collection has another blue shade in it, but will the performance of this put me off picking it up?


What I Like About Blue is a sunny turquoise blue creme shade, with a mild golden shimmer in the formula.The shade of blue is bright and pops, but I wouldn't label it as a neon; it doesn't have that glows-in-the-shadows quality that we've seen that some of the pink shades in the Lite Brites collection have. 

The shade of blue is exactly the same as for the summer/autumn 2015 China Glaze polish Raindance The Night Away - except that one doesn't have any shimmer to it.

The formula for this is on the thinner side, in comparison to most of the other Lite Brites collection polishes. However it's fast drying, streak-free and it applies over the entire nail on the first coat. It can be opaque in two thicker coats, but I prefer to apply three thinner ones to make sure my peel-prone nails don't leave any bumps. In general nail polishes will last me anywhere between two to four days with only minimal wear. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is overall.
[Sorry about the out-of-focus photo, but the shade photographs more accurately that way] 


The Lite Brites collection is new for summer 2016, and can be found on all online retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment