Wednesday 1 June 2016

W7 Honey Queen blush; Honey, I shrunk the Benefit price tag...

Having fair skin and a tendency towards a all or nothing approach to makeup I find blush a challenge to get right, so mostly used BeneFit's Sugarbomb blush as it's a 4-shades-in-one-blush that's great for fairer skintones. However that blush is also £24, so I've been looking for a more purse friendly option to save me from myself and my heavy hands, and Honey Queen has just filled that gap...

The blush is made up of four slices of lightly shimmering blush (peach, peachy pink, pink and a dusky plum) in one pan, and you simply sweep the provided brush over all four colours to create a glowy looking hard to describe pinky peach/soft bronze shade, with a shimmery finish that catches the light like a highlighter. Three products in  one.

 You can also use a different brush to wear one or two of the shades mixed together for a contouring/highlighting effect. 



I find the mixed shade light enough that [as you can see] the finished look is natural all year round on my fair skin, neither coming of as too bronze or too bright, blending seamlessly into my skin for a subtle glow.

I Actually think that this cheaper blush has better pigmentation in comparison to Benefit's pricier version, and the pigmentation definitely helps with the longevity; I'll apply my makeup first thing in the morning, and it will still be visible six/seven hours later. Longer when I use setting spray.



I bought my blush from a third-party seller on the Amazon UK product page, for only £2.94.

There are various eBay stores that sell it for around the £3 mark.


my Sugarbomb review and photos are on this blog page.



No comments:

Post a Comment