Tuesday 14 June 2016

NOTD: I'll Pink To That by China Glaze...

As my last NOTD entry shone the spotlight on one of the pink shades in China Glaze's summer 2016 Lite Brites collection, I thought that I'd go ahead and  also do reviews for the other two pinks as I own them too.

Today we'll be looking at the one that I feel is the most 'traditional' polish out of the three pink shades that are on offer. But is it traditional equals good, or traditional equals boring and dated?



I'll Pink To That is a mega-bright Barbie pink shade, that dries to a trying-to-be-creme-but-not-quite-making-it sort of satin finish. This shade is very bright, but I would hesitate to label it as a neon; it doesn't have that glows-in-the-shadows quality [see shadowed thumb in bottom pic] that some of the other shades in the Lite Brites collection have. I'm less wowed by this shade because China Glaze have released several similar shades over the past few years plus it isn't as though a similar shade of polish is overly hard to find in any other mainstream brand.

However, whilst it's not a unique shade, it has an amazing formula - especially considering the intense levels of pigments needed in almost-neon and neon polishes. It is a white-base-not-required bright shade, that is smooth to apply, leaving no bubbles or streaks, and is highly pigmented so you only need one coat to reach a bottle-true shade (though I usually wear two coats because I have peel-prone nails, so I need the second coat of polish for a neat finish). I was also impressed with the drying time; within two minutes after application it was touch dry. The formula is on the thicker side, so it is nice for stamping. 


[Sorry about the out-of-focus photo, but the shade appears more accurate that way]

The Lite Brites collection is new for summer 2016, and can be found on all online retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment