Saturday 10 October 2015

NOTD: Elm Street by Pretty Serious...

Pretty Serious is an Australian Indie polish brand, and I think that the three-piece Killer Fangirls collection was introduced for Halloween 2013. 
Pretty Serious wanted to separate themselves from larger polish companies by making their various holiday collections available for people to buy for longer, and as this particular collection was inspired by the founder's (Kaz) love of horror movies and has proved so popular with customers, it's still in production today, and Kaz has hinted that the collection may be expanded one day.
I started this collection review with the shade that I was most keen to try, so thought today I'd do the opposite and focus on the polish I wasn't that fussed about and only bought because the completest in me wanted to have the full set. Don't get me wrong the polish fits the film it represents very well as it reminds me of Freddy Krueger's burns and Stripy jumper, but me and bar glitter do not get along.

Anyway let's take a trip down Elm Street...


Elm Street has a wine coloured jelly base, filled with small red and green hex glitter. The above mentioned bar glitters are the same shades as the hexes. I thought that Freddy's jumper had red and black stripes, so is the green meant to represent elm trees? The glitter is plentiful, and so much is packed in the base that the polish is opaque in two coats. I'm wearing three coats in the photos just to make sure that everything was covered, but just the two coats is fine normally.




Despite the heavy amounts of glitter this polish is easy to apply, leaving no bubbles or streaks and I was impressed with the drying time. Being a glitter bomb it does take a little bit more effort to remove, so using a peel-off base coat is something that I recommend. This polish will last me around two days with only minimal wear, so less then the Pretty Serious non-glittery shades. But all glittery shades of polish last less time on me then other finishes do, regardless of brand.

After wearing it a few times I can say that Elm Street has grown on me, and I can continue to wear it into the Xmas run-up too.

***
Elm Street can be ordered here for £4.62. Delivery is $28 Aus dollars, which is just over £14, so order at least three polishes at a time. Delivery took five days once the parcel was dispatched from Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment