Wednesday 16 September 2015

NOTD: Ghostess With The Mostess by China Glaze (with Bangle Jangle by Essie)...


We've looked at the three new cremé polishes in the China Glaze Halloween 2015 (Ghouls Night Out) collection, so now it's time to explore the three glitter toppers.

I'll start with the one that I thought was the least 'Halloweeny' when I opened my parcel and saw the bottle. Don't get me wrong - it looks pretty, but for a Halloween polish I was "meh"...

Will it win me over?

Ghostess With The Mostess is described as being a "haunting multi-colored confetti glitter". It is made up of various sized matte black, peach, pastel green, and purple hex glitters. It is made more unique by the larger purple hexes - they have lilac stripes running through them.


I'm usually not overly fond of China Glaze's 'confetti' style glitter toppers as the ones I've tried are base-heavy, but the formula for this is great. The hexes are plentiful, so I don't have to fish any of them out of the bottle, or tip the bottle upside down. The hexes apply fairly evenly and smoothly [you do have to place the larger pieces into place], and the base is quick to dry. Like most do, this topper adds about two days to the life of my manicure too.




Bangle Jangle is a pale lavender cremé from the Essie Winter 2011 Cocktail Bling Collection. Its still easy to find online though, so maybe it's been added to the core line?

Essie is known as being inconsistent with the quality of their formulas, and other reviews for this shade haven't been the greatest, but I've not had any problems with my bottle; its a smooth 2 coater. Two coats for full opacity, with such a light shade? Full marks from me.




***

And here is how Ghostess With The Mostess looks worn over this year's Halloween cremes by China Glaze; I think that this is the most versatile glitter this year, as it looks great with all of the cremes in the collection. Plus [as seen in my mani photos] it also looks nice with more subtle 'everyday' shades too.


[l - r]



***

eBay is your best bet for buying 'Ghouls Night Out polishes - either individual shades or as a set, as UK sites still hadn't begun to stock the collection when I posted this.

No comments:

Post a Comment