Monday 22 June 2015

NOTD: Comet In The Sky by OPI over Happy Go Lucky by China Glaze...

I'm not a yellow polish wearer normally, but I recently got a bottle of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky and have been trying out different toppers with it, as it's such a different look for me that I feel better layering it.
Today I want to share one of my favourite combinations I've found using this shade so far - and I think the topper I used is going to be a future collectable polish, so read on and then grab it while you can...


Happy Go Lucky is from the Up & Away spring 2010 collection, and it is a no nonsense bright yellow creme that doesn't need to be layered over a white polish. The first coat can be streaky, so it alternates between two and three coats to neaten & level it out, but for such a light & bright shade I think that's very good.

The formula doesn't seem very thin to me, but it can pool at the shades of the nails (see photos), so be careful not to overload your brush whilst applying this polish.



Comet In The Sky is from the Gwen Stefani holiday 2014 collection, and it is composed is various sizes of black hex and iridescent hex glitter in a clear base. The black hexes seem to be semi-matte, whilst the iridescent hexes are mostly invisible in some lighting and shimmer blue, green, and copper in others.

Comet In The Sky (and the white version - Snowglobe Trotter) was the first polish in the collection to sell out in salons and stores, but at the time of writing it is still fairly easy to find and buy on sites such as Amazon and in various Ebay stores, so get it now if you're interested in it - I can see Comet In The Sky becoming another Mrs O'Leary's BBQ or Teenage Dream must-own polish...



No comments:

Post a Comment