Wednesday 1 April 2015

Will I be at risk of becoming addicted? ColorStay eyeshadow quad in Addictive [500] by Revlon...


Revlon makes my favourite foundations (Photoready & Nearly Naked). In addition I also love their Photoready primer, their Nearly Naked pressed powder, their Gel Envy Diamond topcoat, and their crayon lipstick/balm/stains. So I felt that it was time for me to branch out in their brand a bit and see how some of their other products work for me...



... and so here we are. A nice 'everyday, any situation' type of product and shade selection.

The swatches failed to blow me away pigmentation-wise, but I love the feel of the shadows & as my face is paper-white, I figured that maybe the shades will show up better on my eyes then they did on my arm?



All of the shades are a satiny matte and finely grained, and apply so creamily that they seem to melt like butter on hot bread. And as you'd expect from such a rich shadow the application and blending ability is also great, but that is where my disappointment with the quad likely lies - the shades aren't very pigmented as the shadow seems to melt into my skin. The plus side to this is that this means that the colour selections are all highly wearable, so you need to decide if the colour payoff beats application; are you a fan of sheer, subtle washes of colour? Is blendability the most important aspect of eyeshadow for you?

I think the shades will suit most skintones [I'm not sure how the shades would look on darker skin, but I suspect that it would look ashy], the shades can be used any day & for any occasion, all of the shades go with every eye colour and the wear of the shadows is very impressive. I'm completely stuck on the fence with this compact: I like it & will use it regularly as it is so easy to work with‏, but there is no way that I feel able to recommend this product to others. 

At the end of the day at this price point there are many better alternatives you can buy for example Rimmel, Maybelline, L'Oreal and Collection have better colour combinations. Superdrug sells Makeup Revolution, and I Heart Makeup and their eyeshadow palettes have up to 32 shades in for the same price. The basic colours in the Revlon quads are also replicated by these brands - there's nothing unique here at all. 



***
The Colorstay eye shadow quad is £7.99, anywhere Revlon cosmetics are sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment