Friday 3 April 2015

First impression: Toy edt by Moschino...

As soon as I saw the press release for Toy I knew that it would be mine, it was just a question of when I would be able to get my hands on it.

At the minute Toy is exclusive to Harrods in London, but some smaller stores have begun to sell it - it's all down to the dealers they know (which is how I got mine).

So the moment has arrived. Was I pleased or disappointed?


I don't usually like lavender as I find the clean scent to it very overpowering, but the violets, sandalwood and hawthorn soften it a bit, lending Toy a bit of depth. The juniper leads the fruity notes for a faintly boozy feel, whilst the cardamom adds a spicy kick to everything. 

There is also a definite hint of something minty in the background, that lasts the entire life (5-6 hours) of the fragrance too.

bergamot, mandarin, juniper berries, cardamom, violet, lavender, hawthorn petals, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla and musk.



Considering that I only bought Toy because I wanted the bottle (can you blame me?), I've been pleasantly surprised by the actual juice. It's not a unique fragrance or anything, but it is a highly wearable seasonless, uncluttered & clean fragrance.

Toy has a perfect balance of masculine and feminine scent notes; both men and women can wear it, at any time of the year. It is quite linear which will disappoint people, but I've developed a thing for simpler fragrances, so I like this aspect.




Toy is currently 'exclusive' to Harrods for £80, but some smaller stores (I found it in a local store called Perfume Essence) have begun to stick a few bottles. 

Third party sellers on Amazon also sell it. Prices begin at £68.

No comments:

Post a Comment