Thursday 4 December 2014

Be bold, be... Big & Daring [mascara by Avon]...



I've never been a lover of Avon mascaras in the past as I have found that they tend to have really wet formulas which makes them prone to clumping, so this mascara has been a real surprise for me as it isn't as wet as the others I've tried.


I love the big, doll eyed look, and this mascara gives my lashes the mega volume, great separation and rich colour to make the look easy to achieve.

Bare lashes vs one coat



I've not experienced flaking or smudging, plus it holds my curl all day. The volumizing abilities of this are unbeatable, plus the increase of length is good too - and since the brand doesn't promise any added length with this product, I think that this is a great added bonus.


All one coat

Two coats


The best selling mascara in the UK is Maybelline The Falsies which has a uniquely curved wand (like a spoon), and since it's proved to be a huge money-spinner it's no surprise that  other brands have joined the bandwagon and used the same brush-shape. I usually dislike mascaras that rely on a gimmicky brush as a selling point, but this one really does work: The shape of the wand grabs, coats and pushes every lash out and up (even those little stragglers in the outer corners of the eye). Apply the mascara brushing the concave side of the wand against your lashes, as the will set the best shape and lift for your look.



The only downside for me is that this is a pain to remove. Despite this I still really enjoy this mascara and will probably rebuy it, as the 'natural' look isn't my cup of tea :)


-------
RRP
-------
£8.50
Big & Daring mascara can be bought here, or through a Avon representative.

No comments:

Post a Comment