Friday 28 November 2014

Hollywood Collection Ultra Colour Lipstick by Avon in Hollywood Siren



Avon cosmetics have released three new Ultra Colour lipstick shades for Christmas, and they have currently knocked £3.50 of the price I decided to give the burgundy one, a shade that I rarely wear, a try.


 However, in classic Avon style, the shade that they show as being burgundy online and in their catalogue [and in the swatch on the back of my hand] applies more as a muted red on my lips.


Despite being mislead by the online swatches, what did I think about this lipstick after wearing it a bunch of times?



Even though this colour was not what I expected or wanted, I do really like it and have been wearing it frequently since I bought it. I'm not sure what happened in regards to the shade in the swatch vs the shade on my lips, maybe the natural colour of my lips muted it?

This is my favourite red lipstick I have as it isn't too bright, so I feel confident wearing it in the day as well as the evening. It is easy to dress up (dramatic eyeliner), or dressed down (a quick swipe of mascara. 

I've gone from disappointment straight to love.



I've worn this lipstick quite a bit and so far my lips have been kept hydrated and flake free during this mix of cold weather and central heating, as the formula is buttery and light.

Having a creamy, moisturizing formula means that this product isn't very long lasting as other lipsticks, but, in my opinion, the easy-to-wear red shade makes up for this.


-------
RRP
-------
£7.50 (currently £4)

There are three shades of lipstick in the Hollywood Collection and they can be bought here, or through a Avon representative.

There are also three new coordinating nail polish shades in the Hollywood Collection. They can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment