Wednesday 15 October 2014

NOTD: I Love Your Guts by China Glaze...

I Love Your Guts is one of the five new shades in the 2014 Halloween collection Apocalypse.

I Love Your Guts is the red version of But Of Corpse; the finish and the performance of the formula is the same for both polishes...



I Love Your Guts is a raspberry shade, with a matte metallic finish 
and the formula is filled with scattered matte black glitter specks. The matte crome finish and glitter specks make the polish look textured, but it's not, its a smooth formula. Whilst the shade is both very Halloweeny and Christmassy in the current cold & darker weather, but I think that it'll also look good in brighter weather too, so it's a versatile polish.

The pigmentation and the formula are both great; the polish is really smooth and bubble/streak free to apply, and the colour is so rich that it's very nearly a one-coater, and the polish dries                                                                                                 extremely quickly; within one minute.

Admittedly it's not as long lasting as China Glaze's crème or jelly based polishes, but then no other brand has matte polishes that holds up as well as their other finishes do either (in my experiences anyway) - using my usual base and top coat, this polish will last me around two days maximum with only minimal wear.

But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is for able-bodied people.

No comments:

Post a Comment