Monday 1 September 2014

First impressions: Rise edp by Beyoncé...

This year Beyoncé has released two new perfumes (at the speed she's going I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Christmas scent in the works); a new pillar one, and a new Heat flanker. Both perfumes were exclusively sold in a certain store [The Perfume Shop] upon their initial releases, but as they are both now sold everywhere I've been paying closer attention to them.

I've been testing both perfumes for a little while now and have to say that I think that both are better then all of the past releases in the Beyoncé line of fragrances, but has one of them, or even both of them, been enjoyable enough to persuade me to open my wallet?

Today we'll be exploring my verdict on the new pillar scent, Rise, whilst tomorrow it'll be Heat Wild Orchid's turn in the spotlight...





THE SCENT OF EMPOWERMENT
Beyoncé believes a woman’s power comes from within and when a woman connects with her very essence, she revels in her individuality, her strength, and her beauty. To honor this elevated and empowering attitude, Beyoncé was inspired to create her newest scent, RISE - Beyoncé Parfums.
The composition for Rise is described by Coty as intoxicating, addictive and luminous.
Its opening notes include apricot, Italian bergamot and iced basil sorbet. The main note of the perfume is, of course, orchid and this time it is an orchid called "Golden Symphony", which is mixed with freesia and Sambac jasmine flowers and placed at the base of the autumn woods, cashmere, musk and vetiver.


I think that Rise is the first Beyonce/Coty fragrance that I could actually picture Beyonce herself wearing; it's the first adult smelling fragrance in her line, and is the first one that doesn't immediately remind me of something else.

Rise applies with a sharp, almost masculine, zing (I assume this the mix of bergamot and whatever iced basil sorbet is). It then quickly settles to a mild floral fragrance, and it is the freesia and jasmine that stands out on me - not the orchid. 
Within three hours only a faint - but lovely – wood infused musk mix remains.

This is a easy-to-wear fragrance that I think is great for 'everyday' use; there are no headaches, no sweetness induced nausea, and there are no ingredients to point strongly to any particular season for use so it has already proven to be a versatile fragrance during the months that I tested it.


I ordered as 30ml bottle of Rise from a third party seller on Amazon for only £9.65, with a FREE scented body lotion and FREE shipping too - so always double check the 'other sellers' tab on the product page before buying 😊



Rise is now available nationwide in 30ml (£25), 50ml (£31), and 100ml (£40) bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment