Friday 20 September 2013

OPI's Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 @ Amazon UK: All I Want For Christmas Is...the full range.





There's not much to say here, other than buy, buy, buy. The formula for OPI is unrivalled; so smooth, streak and bubble free, fast to dry, and long lasting. This set in particular is ridiculously good value; OPI polishes have a RRP of £11.50 each, so you are buying two and getting another two free here. With the price in mind, I did suspect that Faith Cosmetics would be bundling four of the least appealing colours together and selling them, but as the festive is fast approaching and I don't own any red creme polishes, I decided to risk the purchase in the hope of getting at least one wearable shade...





... I was delighted when the parcel arrived [I placed my order on a Tuesday, and received my parcel on the Friday], as all four shades are lovely; the two red shades are All I Want for Christmas (is OPI), and Cute Little Vixen, The former is a rich maroon creme, whilst the latter is a violet/red, with a slight golden iridescence to the finish. Both shades are perfect for me, as I don't feel confident in RED red shades.

I keep my nails short and think darker shades of polish look the best on shorties, so Visions of Love - a deep burgundy creme - is my favourite shade in this set. This selection is rounded out with a sparkly gold shade for the party season; Wondrous Star is given a bit of an edge by there being a few scattered flecks of black glitter in between all of the golden ones.

All four shades do have that festive vibe to them, but I'll happily wear them throughout the year too, so this is a fantastic buy.




Buy the four piece set from Faith Cosmetics, through Amazon UK, here [£23.95 + £1.99 p&p]

No comments:

Post a Comment