Wednesday 18 September 2013

NOTD: China Glaze Fang-tastic, over OPI Candlelight...




Fang-tastic is one of the five new shades for the Halloween 2013 [Monsters Ball] range, and is one of the four glitter shades. It is one of the two scattered polishes in a clear base, so is made for layering over other polishes.


 

Fang-tastic is filled with small green, pink and purple hex glitters and some larger blue hex glitters. I've worn this shade when I had every finger painted a different colour, and think that all of the 'Halloweeny' colour combinations I wore Fang-tastic over [black, dark grey, navy, blood red and orange] looked great. Beige or pastel blues, pinks, yellows and greens also made for pretty combinations, so I think that you can wear this shade the whole year round too.


 

Despite the glitter this polish is easy to apply, leaving no bubbles or streaks and I was impressed with the drying time. Being a glitter polish means that it does take a little bit more effort to remove, but it seems easier than my other glitter polishes.


 


I got my mini bottle of Candlelight in OPI's  Halloween 2012 So So Skullicious polish set, and think that it was a repackaged version of the OPI Brights shade Need Sunglasses?, but I don't own that shade so can't be sure.

I have found this polish to be the most disappointing OPI shade I've used, as the formula is so streaky and watery. After three coats of it and a topcoat that is good for erasing steaks and bumps in polish [China Glaze Fast Forward], it's about passable for wearing underneath a glitter or crackle, but I'd never wear this polish alone as it just looks messy.


No comments:

Post a Comment