Sunday 23 December 2012

Best beauty buys of the year: MAC Viva Glam Nicki lipstick and lipglass...



VIVA GLAM NICKI is a yellow based shade of hot pink - and by hot pink I mean it looks almost fluorescent with my very fair skin. I think that this shade is a cross between MAC's much sought after LE shades Candy Yum Yum [Quite Cute] and Strayin' [Hello Kitty]. Despite the brightness of the shade, I think that this is far more easier to pull off, and flattering, then Nicki's debut MAC lipstick Pink 4 Friday.

The finish to the lipstick is satin, that is easy to apply and hasn't had a drying effect on my lips. The lasting power is average for a lipstick; no less and no worse then other brands [four hours, depending on food/drink].



If you like MAC's yellow based, hot pink VIVA GLAM NICKI lipstick, then you need the lipglass edition too. This is almost exactly the same shade as the lipstick; The pink colour is just a teensy bit less fluorescent on my fair skin, as the base isn't quite as yellow s the lipstick shade is.

The finish to the gloss is a cream and seems to have a thicker formula then my other MAC lipglasses, but it still gives a lovely polished shine to my lips and hasn't had a drying effect on my lips. The lasting power is good for a gloss; three/four hours, depending on food/drink.




  
MAC have just released the ad for 2013's new Viva Glam campaign, which once again features Nicki Minaj. You can see that the new Viva Glam lipstick will be lavender...



No comments:

Post a Comment