Sunday 30 December 2012

Beauty Buys of the Year: Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain...



I can't believe that it took me so long to try these stains; Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain is now my favourite lip colour. They remind me of Tarte's Lip Surgences, but these are better as they wear for longer, don't melt in the tube and the caps don't crack, making a mess in my bags - not to mention that Tarte isn't officially sold in the UK.

I'm probably going to end up buying all of the colours Revlon makes - I think there are 12 shades all together, but UK stores don't sell them all right now, I only saw five shades in Boots and Superdrug.



HONEY is a well-pigmented glossy, pinkish nude shade; it is almost the same shade as my natural lip colour - just a bit more flushed. I use this shade almost daily, as it goes with all makeup looks and has a fantastic formula.








LOVESICK is a well-pigmented glossy, hot pink shade, and is apparently the shade that Emma Stone is wearing in the above ad. I do really like the shade, but it is lighter and brighter on me, compared to the ad.


                                                                       



CRUSH is a richly pigmented berry shade. As the shape of my lips is small, and my top lip is practically invisible, I struggle with reds and vampy shades, as they make my mouth unnaturally small on my face.

CRUSH is a great discovery for me - the brown and plummy undertones appear less harsh here, as the pinkish red tones soften the colour.


My lips have been kept hydrated and flake free during cold weather and central heating, since using Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain. And, true to it's name, not only is it a effective balm, but the colour actually does wear like a traditionally drying lip stain - it stays put for hours, through both eating and drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment