Friday 14 December 2012

A closer look at: Nicole edp by Nicole Richie...


Introducing the new fragrance Nicole by Nicole Richie... 


Layered with scents inspired by Nicole's childhood memories, Nicole is a feminine, sensual scent composed of creamy golden ambers and highlighted with flecks of fruit and flower petals. A fragrance for every woman and any occasion, Nicole conjures those special moments that result in a lifetime of memories...




Berry notes seem to be popping up in most new mainstream perfumes now and NICOLE RICHIE opens with a rich blackberry note. I can't pick up the Seville oranges, but I can make out what I think is raspberry. These berry notes are long and distinctive, so carries down to the heart of the perfume.

I'm not able to separate any floral notes apart from the listed rose and a hint of lily from the sweetly powdered floral jumble heart of the fragrance, as the patchouli develops quickly and lasts for the duration of the perfume. The rose mixes with the slightly spicy vanilla, for a pleasant 'Turkish Delight' aroma. I'm not familiar with papyrus, but I'm guessing that it is responsible for the slightly bitter spiciness that hides under the sweeter notes.

There is no strong indication between the heart notes and the base, thanks to the constant presence of the powdery floral/vanilla mix and patchouli. The soft, creamy cashmere and sandalwood mingled closely together so it is a warm, comforting mix, that is again similar to the heart notes.

Official scent notes: blackberries, oranges, golden amber, Moroccan rose, lily of the valley, papyrus, cashmere, sandalwood, sugared patchouli and vanilla.


I find NICOLE RICHIE sweet-but-not-too-sweet, creamy, slightly spicy and also woody, so I think it is perfect for the colder weather, although it's something that I'd probably wear all year round as the juicy fruits stop everything else from becoming too much.

NICOLE RICHIE is very wearable and can be worn to work, casual wear/weekends and crowded parties, but it's not unique enough to make me feel glamorous on special occasions.

Overall: NICOLE RICHIE is pleasant and easy to wear. The reasonable price and good longevity [between six and eight hours] make up for the lack of originality, so the perfume is a pretty good buy and a nice gift choice. I'm not sure if I'd rebuy it, before checking out altrnatives.



You can buy Nicole from selected UK sites, including Amazon.


I bought the giftset in Florida last month, purely for the bottle [my camera isn't working, so I'm afraid it's official pictures only], but I'm liking the actual perfume more and more. For a cheap, mass market 'celebrity' fragrance it is wellmade and isn't obviously aimed towards tweens.

No comments:

Post a Comment