Sunday 26 December 2010

Beauty buys of the year: MAC Viva Glam GaGa and Cyndi




GaGa Lipstick [Lustre]



I wasn't expecting to like MAC's VIVA GLAM GAGA, but as soon as I swatched it I had to have it. It's a beautiful light, bright bubble-gum pink, and it's blue-based so it is ideal for my fair skin.

It's a lustre lipstick, so while the staying power isn't really bad, it isn't great - around two hours max.
I have dry lips, but have not yet experienced any flaking or chafing after I’ve been wearing this.


* Lady GaGa's favourite lipstick is Pink Nouveau, so she asked MAC to create the VIVA GLAM GAGA around that shade





GaGa lipglass



If you like MAC's blue-based powder pink VIVA GLAM GAGA lipstick, then you need the lipglass edition too. This is almost exactly the same shade as the lipstick; The pink colour is just a bit milkier. The finish to the gloss is a cream and seems to have a thicker formula then my other MAC lipglasses, but it still gives a lovely polished shine to my lips. A single coat gives a more natural polished look to my lips, however layering it gives a milkier look that is great for pairing with strong eyes.




Cyndi lipstick [Lustre]



I wouldn't class this as a real red - it leans strongly towards coral - but I'm loving it. Not being confident with wearing red lipstick I love that this doesn't scream look at me!" and I would actually class this as subtle enough for every day wear. The lustre finish to the lipstick tones down the shade even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment